Monday, May 1, 2023

1 May ...

I wrote this on the 1st as part of my American Cancer Society fundraiser for May, but am posting it a few days late because of connectivity issues. 

I've been on vacation for the past several days.

I started by taking a train to Washington DC, and for some reason forgot that I would be passing by some of our nation's landmarks on the way. The sight of the Jefferson Memorial caught me off guard and by the time the Washington Monument appeared, I was still scrambling to get my phone out for pictures.

The first portion of my trip was reconnecting with my best friend of 50+ years, whom I hadn't seen in over 17 years.

If there was nothing else the past three years have taught me, it is that life is short; family and friends are more precious commodities than toilet paper.

2 comments:

  1. How right you are. Family and friends ARE precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No thing is worth losing the good people in your life.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.