Sunday, May 14, 2023

14 May ...

 First, Happy Mother's Day to everyone ... whether you are bio-mom, fur/feather/fin-baby mom, step-mom, or single dad that stepped up mom.

I'm writing as part of my commitment to the American Cancer Society to write for 30 minutes a day in May.

 I thought today I would share some of the flower images that I've collected over the last few weeks, and maybe some fur-baby moms.  I'm throwing these in here in random order.

Allium that came up in the front yard, only about ten plants.  I will plan on buying more to plant this fall if I'm going to be here next Spring.

I was worried I would miss the irises blooming while I was on vacation, but it looks like I only missed a few of them.  This fall I will have to thin them out significantly, so may put some on along the side of the front walk.  The peonies and Easter Lilies I transplanted have yet to bloom, so I don't want to crowd them for next year.

This is a birthday bouquet that my friend, Deborah, brought me from her yard.  Solomon's Seal, Wygilia, Columbine, Tulips, and PomPom Hydrangeas.

This blep comes to you courtesy of my sister, Kat's, baby Branch.  He was a feral rescue so is not very people-social, but I did get the chance to get some face-time with him and a few under-the-chin scratches.  Granted he was cowering in the kitty litter box in her bathroom at the time, but hey.  Grab kitty lovin's where you can.

This one is my own Gracie, claws in my leg to prevent me from leaving again.  Her arm is fine, a little PTSD fur pulling from the trauma she endured before I rescued her.  But she's really serious that I don't get to go on another vacation anytime soon.  Or ever again.  We'll have to have a discussion about that eventually.

This is a tattoo that the sisters and I had talked about getting while we were together.  We didn't have time (too much shopping, and eating and laughing), so I have made an appointment locally to get mine (top image) done in late June.  I think Kat (bottom image) will also get hers done eventually.  Heather on the other hand (middle image), is afraid of needles and refuses to get one done, so I told her her daughter will have to just draw it on with a black Sharpie pen.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for gardens, cats, family and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are beautiful, as are the cats.

    No tattoos for me, i don't want to have to explain them to my grandchildren someday.

    I wish you a blessed and beautiful Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.