Sunday, May 7, 2023

7 May ...

 My "reunion" trip the last part of April thru early May was amazingly healing and so much fun!

 I hadn't been on a train since the early 70s, so it was a bit exciting to watch the scenery go by from West Virginia to Washington, DC.

 I'd not realized how large Union Station was, and once I got off the train, I then had to find the Metro Station for the next leg of the trip, which was getting me out to Dulles Airport where Janette would pick me up.

 Massive would be an understatement for Union Station, and I wished later I had signed up for my Conqueror Virtual Walk [<link to click to save 10% on your own walk!] before the trip instead of two days into it.  I would have added at least two miles to my journey through The Netherlands!  The walks are like the German volksmarches I did as a child, complete with a real medal that gets sent when you complete it!



 Janette signed up the same time I did, but she is much more dilligent about getting her 10,000 steps in every day than I am and is nearly finished with the 41 mile Flower Route walk that we signed up for!

 We indulged in two days of thrift shopping while I was with her.  And lots of good food!  I was able to find two vintage table clothes, one of which will become the seat covers for my dining room table chairs.

 Janette and I have been friends since 1970ish when she lived in the apartment beneath us in Bierstadt Germany.

 Good times, good talks catching up on the 17 years since we'd last seen each other.  Best friends forever.


I'm writing as part of my commitment to the American Cancer Society to write for 30 minutes a day in May.

2 comments:

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.