Friday, May 26, 2023

26 May ...

  

I'm writing as part of my commitment to the American Cancer Society to write for 30 minutes a day in May.


 I spotted this "beer" at the grocery store the other night.  Clearly marketed for kids, I was extremely disappointed.

 It appears to be a micro-brewery, and I just don't understand what they are trying to do.

 A "filtered" sour ale that is brewed with "fruity" cereal 🤮 and edible glitter???  Bleh!

 Maybe some newly of age (21) drinkers might want to try a beer like this, but to me, it just screams "Here ya go kiddies!  A fun and fruity drink!  Just for you!"   

 I had fruity Singapore Slings sneak up on me back in my early days of drinking.  It was not fun, definitely was not pleasant when they caught up with me, and probably was not safe at all.  Alcohol intoxication can be lethal for some, with decades of college hazing deaths as evidence.

 I submitted a complaint to store management because even though it still takes an ID to purchase, it is still clearly marketing to a much younger audience.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for complaining. I agree with you completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many more children (because that's what they are until they are mid-20s and have a much more developed brain) have to die for the companies to realize what they are doing? Our community has suffered two tragedies recently, that's two too many.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.