Tuesday, May 16, 2023

16 May ...

 I'm writing as part of my commitment to the American Cancer Society to write for 30 minutes a day in May.


 My friends that had been watching my little man for me while I was gone had been sending me pictures of him.  He alternated nights between their houses.

 Charlie spent his first night with Deborah, where he figured out how to access the best view of the street so he could guard her house like he usually guards ours.
 Guarding Nancy's Bluber while Deborah shopped at Food Lion.
 Saying goodnight from Nancy's house.

This was the look I got when I got home.
 I was kinda hoping for one of those welcome homes that I see reels of when military members return home.
Did not get that kind of reception.

An image of Lucy from my security cam.
I was talking to her thru the cam and was pretty sure she was freaked out by it.
😂

It took the cats about 30 minutes to come out of hiding and realize it was me and not Nancy or Deborah.  For most of this past week, they've barely let me out of their sight.
Gracie's wounds from the attack before I left had healed up beautifully.

Unfortunately, the changes in pollens probably in the gardens that last day, threw my lungs into a horrible case of bronchitis that started with a cough Friday night.  Three COVID-19 tests came back negative. By Tuesday I was running a fever, and that night got antibiotics called in by a tele-doc.  The fever broke on Friday, but the cough and shortness of breath continue. I've also got the usual freak show fever blisters inside my nose.  I finish my antibiotics today and if I need to by Friday, I'll see about getting in to see my doctor to get checked for pneumonia, and on another round of antibiotics.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry that you are still unwell - and hope that it isn't pneumonia.
    I am glad you are back with your furry family though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of prayers for you to get well quickly. I'm glad your fur family were so loved while you were gone.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.