Thursday, May 18, 2023

18 May ...


I'm writing as part of my commitment to the American Cancer Society to write for 30 minutes a day in May.

 There were lots of blessings on my vacation, and one of them was a copy of a book of acrostic poems I wrote and made for Janette in the early 80s.  Here are those poems:

Mom, we've had
Our days when our patience wore
Thin and I'm sure we'll
Have many more.  But
Even through the
Roughest times I'll
'Still love you.  Some

Day when we're both older, we'll look back
And laugh.  And
You'll still be special to me.
          5/13/1978

Loving; laughter; memories
Of happy times.  Being with you.
Valentines; hearts, and kisses.
Everything makes me more in love with you.
          1/22/1979

Beautiful memories of
Everything we've shared.

Music, movies, picnics.
I think of you and happy times together.
Notes of thanks, of thoughts, and of love.
Everything brings us closer.
          1/22/1979

You; who came into my life when all
Others had left me.  Giving me your
Undivided attention and love.  Thank you.
             6/28/1979

Alone, in this house with just my thoughts and
Long ago memories
Of you, makes the days long and the
Nights frightening and
Empty. Alone.
7/24/1979

Silently
The

Ancient buildings stand as time
Unleashes its fury against the
Garrisons of old.  The
Untold
Stories and histories of
These buildings will continue to
Intrigue and fascinate the
Natives of this beautiful city for 
Eternity.
8/18/1979

Funny jokes we've shared,
Rendevous and secrets
In times of joy and sorrow,
Every time I
Need to talk or just need to know you care, you
Don't desert me, you're always there.  You are the
Strength I grew with.  Thank you.
               10/16/1979

2 comments:

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.