Tuesday, May 23, 2023

All hail ...

  

I'm writing as part of my commitment to the American Cancer Society to write for 30 minutes a day in May.


 A little unavoidable royal humor here.  Once I saw the cover of this People magazine, I knew I had to do it.

 I ordered prints of several pictures I had taken of Charlie, not sure which one would be a good fit size-wise for the crown.

 Next on my dodotodo list is going to be getting a frame to fit it.

 I've been doing some spring cleaning and downsizing.  Getting my garage organized to make room for some of my art & craft supplies now that the 3rd room is going back to being a guest bedroom.  A loveseat that I was given last year just went to the J1s two houses down for their apartment, as well as an extra kitchen table and chair.  Making room to get some twin beds that can become a king bed if necessary.

 The secretary desk I recently got from my neighbor will go into my "office" so that I can work on select craft projects one at a time.  Next up on the craft list are four wooden soldiers that I want to decorate to look like Scottish bagpipers to send to my sisters for Christmas decorations this year.  Even got their family tartan for the kilts!  Pictures will be posted when completed.

 This last week of May will be filled with plans to see one of my sisters and nephews in October for a pre-Halloween, and post/pre-birthday party.  Jordon's is in mid-October, and Aura's is at the beginning of November.  It will also be a post-graduation celebration for Jordon who just finished his last year of high school.  I can't even believe it is almost six months into 2023.

 It is also the Dandelion Festival weekend!  I will have to get some walking in this weekend, I'm nearly finished with my Conqueror challenge for the Flower Route and will sign up for the next (longer) one around Ireland.  Weekend plans will also have to include a trip to one or more garden centers so I can get some veggies and herbs in the dirt.

 I set up some pallets for a container garden area where it will get full sun for 10+ hours a day.  "Someone," however, seems to think it is his mountain to survey his territory.  He will go out and climb to the top pallet whenever given the chance while I'm on a break from work or lunch and just sit there and watch for intruders.  I have to yell at him to focus on what his task was supposed to be (going potty) and quit goofing off before I'm late getting back to work.

2 comments:

  1. Well done you. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Charlie is king of your world, isn't he. I'm always delighted to read about your projects.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.