Sunday, May 28, 2023

28 May ...

Just a new
little friend.
 I'm writing as part of my commitment to the American Cancer Society to write for 30 minutes a day in May.


 Weather from a tropical storm south of us moved into the area late afternoon, but I was able to continue getting some of the vegetable seedlings into pots before I finally came in.  We need the rain.  El Nino is going to be rough on us this year.  Hot and dry.  Hopefully, hurricane season, which starts on 1 June, won't be harsh for the south but will bring us some rain. 

 If I renew my lease for next year, I'm thinking of finding a way to turn the shed in the yard into a greenhouse.  It leaks a little as it is, but I may be able to replace the roof with the fiberglass panels used to make greenhouses.  Or .... use old windows from Habitat for Humanity and use the frame to rebuild it with them.  I will need to see what the inside frame looks like and take some measurements.

 Tomorrow I should be able to finish getting the seedlings planted if the rain holds off or isn't heavy.

  Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Fingers definitely crossed. We are expecting n El Nino too, and I am scared. We have had lots of rain for a while and the growth for yet more dreadful fires is there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you got your planting done. We need rain, but not storms.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.