Saturday, May 27, 2023

27 May ...

 I'm writing as part of my commitment to the American Cancer Society to write for 30 minutes a day in May.


 It's nearly 6:30 in the evening, and apart from riding in the car to get from here to there and back again, I'm finally sitting down and stopping for the first time since 9:30 this morning.  I also realized I have had very little to eat today and none of my meds.  To say it has been a busy day would be an understatement.

  We started at a local nursery where we picked up a flat of flowers and vegetables.  Then onto Lowe's where we picked up soil and even more plants.


 Then once home, I walked through town to look at the vendors at the Dandelion Festival.  I was able to finish my Flower Route miles today with all my walking today!  Ring of Kerry, Ireland is next!  It should go much faster.  Charlie had a vet appointment yesterday and is about three pounds overweight.  Walking is now on our daily agenda during the week.  He went with us all day, but about halfway through Lowe's, he'd had enough and was more than ready to go home.

 Once home from the festival, I got busy in the gardens.  I started with planting some flowers and hostas that I bought for the front yard and repotting some ferns.  I bought a few decorative items and got my birdbath cleaned out.

 Next, I moved on to the backyard.  I got the herbs planted in hanging planters.  Grape and cherry tomatoes were planted with a few marigolds.  Tomorrow I will work on filling the rest of the pots with soil and getting some of the other plants put in the ground.

 There are more plants and pots probably to be bought.  I may look at getting a low-ground planter for some of the melon plants we got.

 Most of this garden is for the benefit of the J1s who live two houses up from me to help supplement their groceries.  There are eight of them live in a one-bedroom apartment and several others share apartments nearby.

 But it is also exciting for me to get my hands dirty.  I love feeling the earth and watching things grow.  Life.

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Too busy to eat or to have your meds sounds like a mistake to me. Gardening is wonderful though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, and unfortunately it happens mostly on the weekends when I don't have my scheduled work breaks. I get caught up in projects and time slips by me. I suppose I should set up alarm reminders on my phone.

      Delete
  2. I am always so glad some people have enough green thumb to make up for my black one, i get to enjoy pictures of the delightful results of your work.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.