Wednesday, April 26, 2023

WfW ~ the coins continue...

  "Jack, are you sure you want to do this? I mean, this is a little on the edge our our licensing,  and I'm in no hurry to find out what the electric chair feels like."

 "Stop being a wet blanket, Simon, and for once in your life shut up with the sense and sensibilities preaching! I'm starting to get hypothermia from it."

 "Maybe you should listen to Simon, Jack. I mean, where there is smoke, there is usually fire, and I have to admit that breaking into the Loft is kinda like setting ourselves on fire. Not to mention the fact that if we get caught, I'll be exiled from the Beauty Salon, and it has taken me years to find someone who can do my hair like Addy can, and she swore to take the recipe for my color to her grave. And Bitty is the only one I trust to do my nails just right, and I wouldn't trust my toes, or Baby Dog's nails to anyone el......"

 "Shut up, Rose. Just shut up and stop making everything about you and your stupid yappy dog's toes. I should have never let you blackmail me into bringing you along on this. We are in here for one reason only and that is to try and find out who brought those coins in, and where they came from."

 "Don't you think the cops and forensics have already turned this place upside down looking for those answers?"

 "Maybe, maybe not. They were just looking for evidence of a killer.  I'm not so sure that it was the same person that brought the coins in."

 "What makes you think there is someone else involved?"

 


"You remember that case we took a few years ago in Staunton, Virginia about the ranch hand that went missing along with a half dozen or so cows?"

 "Yeah, we never found him. Or them. What about it?"

 "The guy that hired us was  a mutual friend of the man that was killed and he has a special interest in finding the killer. He told me that the art dealer had told him about the coins three days before he was murdered. He said that his agenda for the day he was killed included meeting with some 'government' agencies about whether or not the coins were authentic and part of some top secret spy project."

 "And he knows this how?"

 "The dealer called him the day before he was killed and told him that if anything happened to him, he could find his planner and tapes of the meeting hidden among some antique dresses from the Ming dynasty in the attic of the shop."

 "Simon! Jack! Tell me how I look in this adorable Reseda green Chinese empress dress I just found in this box! Isn't it divine! Think I could borrow it for the Halloween ball this year?"

Participating in Words for Wednesday where T. Powell Coltrin writes.

5 comments:

  1. And the plot thickens. I do hope Rose isn't quite as empty-headed as she appears. And I also hope that next months prompts lend themselves to this tale...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gets deeper, and she gets crazier. You're doing great with this continuing tale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindi - Rose seems totally self-interested and apparently has no realisation that the answer to their friend's disappearance might be 'hidden' in the contents ... the planner too ... while perhaps something is hidden in the hem of the dress. Fascinating continuation - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Electrical chairs creeps me out. Although I never seen on in person.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.
    I did story.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.