Saturday, April 22, 2023

promises and procrastination ...

The peonies I transplanted are coming up,
with a bud already.

 A cold front has moved in and it's raining.  I'm doing ... or rather procrastinating ... household chores.  Rainy days are good days to do a little weeding.  I love the promises of Spring.  The sneak peeks at what is coming up out of the ground, especially this spring because it is my first (and hopefully not last) in this house. 


I was given some lilies-of-the-valley
and am extremely excited that they
not only came up but are also
budding!

The irises are getting ready
to explode!

These I think are going to be allium.
But not positive yet.

This fern, I thought was lost
to the winter, so I was glad
to see it fighting back today.

 The procrastination part has come in the little dodotodo list of things I have put off for future days.  One of them has been cleaning up an antique jewelry box I was recently given.
 On the right side is the brass that I've cleaned already on one of the drawers.  Each drawer (there are four, but this is the fanciest) has been lined in silk so I'm trying to be careful in cleaning the wood and brass.  I believe that it also has genuine ivory [UPDATE!  It's actually jade!] on it, so I'm trying to figure out how to clean it without damaging it.  I did take off the one little piece on the right to see if I could gently remove the jade but think it has been glued in, and don't want to break it by forcing it out [NOT glued in, just a tight fit.  I was able to get it out and cleaned and it looks amazing!]  I may wind up taking all of the brass off to clean it so it won't hurt the wood, then do a deep clean of the jade.  There were originally two little doors that fit on it, and I have the hinges for them, so may also see if there is a wood craftsman who can help me make them.

 Enough procrastinating.  Things have to get done today!  I hope you have a blessed weekend!
                                                                                                        ~ Ci

3 comments:

  1. Spring is an exciting vibrant time of year isn't it? I have never had success with peonies. They come up, but rarely flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Structured procrastination, doing something important in order to put off something even more important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are seeing new spring growth.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.