Sunday, May 5, 2024

weekend ...

 Today marked the end of my 62nd trip around the sun.
I've been 'celebrating' all weekend.


^ This is a view from the Greenbrier Resort's Art Colony.  I've been wanting to go to see the shops there since I moved here, but finally made time on Saturday.

I also popped into the museum, the last stop on the Art Colony row, and just loved the wall murals.

I made an offer on a house that was accepted this past week.  Exciting times are ahead and I'm trying hard not to stress too much or feel too overwhelmed by all the tasks ahead of me.
Easier said than done.
I will share pictures when it is officially mine.

I also made a decision that I want to retire at the end of my 65th trip around the sun, so I have a lot more planning to do to make that feasible.  Three years will fly by faster than these first 62 have.

Bipan leaves on Tuesday, so tears will be shed.  He will be off to new adventures in California.

It is going to be an emotional month.

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday and congratulations on finding a home. Definitely an emotional month - but with more sweetness than sadness I hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not off to a good start for me as the morning began with a flood of tears. I realized that the house is the answer to a promise I made to my soul dog Trooper ~ who has been gone eight years now as of the 4th. I promised him that one day I would buy him a tiny house with a huge yard ... and this is it. Unfortunately, his ashes were lost when I thought I was going to die in 2021, and I wasn't able to recover any of them from the Angel Garden when I had to quickly move in 2022. So I will build another garden for him and for Oreo. But it was an emotional wake-up ...

      Delete
    2. I am sorry. Not a nice way to wake at all.

      Delete
  2. I wish you many happy returns of the day, and much enjoyment of your new abode.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.