Wednesday, May 29, 2024

odds & ends ... and not ending ...

 Last week I went to the high school graduation of my ... niece once removed (?)/grand-niece(?) ... I'm never sure what ancestry calls those extended lines, but regardless, she's more than grand, she's awesome.

This is her dad, my nephew Dan, and his sig other, Christina.

This is a smile that I just adore!

There was a hiccup in the upcycling of my cabinet, and the last three original brass handles were too corroded and pitted to be salvageable.  Unable to find anything comparable (or affordable) to the originals, I ordered something similar for the two bottom drawers.  
Now that they are on the way, and I've finished putting the wallpaper on the last drawer and cabinet door, I'm suddenly rethinking how (badly) I took off the warped veneer on that bottom drawer and may have to redo both of the bottom two drawers.  Part of the issue is the wallpaper isn't wide enough to fit across the entire drawer front, and I'm not happy with my attempt to line up the moths to make them match.
I may pull the paper off the two bottom drawers.  I need to do a better job cleaning off the damaged veneer and paint it the same green as the rest of the buffet.  Then I might swap the fancy handles to the plain green drawers and put the not-as-fancy handles on the two cabinet doors and the top drawer so they don't distract from the wallpaper.

The 100 Days of Wonder has ended.  Sort of.  The woman dropping the daily prompts is continuing to provide them, hoping for paid followers to continue supporting her.   I pay for enough things and will take advantage of the free prompts until those stop.  That said, I don't always have time to keep up with the art creation during the week, and my weekends are becoming busier as I pack and purge.  Rather than create new art, I will take photos where possible of the prompt words, and work them into a new storyline.

In other news ... the dream forever home isn't anymore.
It would have been a nightmare money pit with foundation issues that would have cost a minimum of $100,000 to repair and restore.
I didn't just walk away from it ... I ran.

I'm running out of time to get moved, and I'm looking for a home to purchase and a home to rent.

Everything happens for a reason.  

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to your great niece!

    The baby elephant smile is most precious.

    I think the cabinet is beautiful, but I'm seeing a picture and not the up close details you are seeing. I hope you can get it done just the way you want it.

    You are in my prayers to have a place to buy very soon.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.