Sunday, May 12, 2024

lights in the sky ...

   "Albert, I'm not sure tonight would be the best time to clean out the basement."

  "Why do you say that?"

  "I feel it will be unwise right now.  The new moon will make it darker than normal with the predicted solar flares tonight.  I don't think it would be a good idea."

  "Don't tell me that you are falling for those old woman stories about ghosts and goblins lurking about on nights like tonight.  Clarence, I know you've always been a little more open-minded than I am, but I have to draw the line at all this supernatural hocus pocus."

  "It's not hocus pocus, Albert.  I mean, we have a giant ... you know what ... in the basement.  How normal is that?  And all the other things that have happened in that house.  The deaths.  The disappearances.  Be honest, Albert.  Strange things happened in that house even before we lived there.  We can't be sure all of them were from the same ... you know what ... in the basement.  Maybe there is some other reason for it all."

  "I won't deny that the house has a history that hasn't exactly been unblemished by tragedy.  But I think we can discount what has happened there as simply being a coincidence and dysfunctional family drama."

  "I didn't think you believed in coincidences, Albert."

  "It doesn't matter what I believe.  What matters now is that you get better.  A night or three out of town on holiday would be the best thing for you now.  In fact, I will join you.  I'll arrange for an exterminator to tent the whole house and fumigate it.  That should solve all our problems, don't you think?"

  "I hope so, Albert.  I really hope so."

2 comments:

  1. Solve, or exacerbate. Either way, it will do something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or will they have to dispose of the fumigator's body next?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.