Saturday, May 11, 2024

jumping in the deep end ...

   "Albert!  We're going to be late for the wake!  Why haven't you dressed yet?"

    "Clarence, the wake was last night.  Don't you remember attending when we got back from the physician's office?"

    "Don't be daft.  Today is Friday!"

    "No.  Today is Saturday.  We came home yesterday afternoon and you insisted upon going to the wake, wearing your kilt, with no knickers I might add.  Then you proceeded to pick Elisa at least three dozen primroses from the garden.  You were quite subdued at the wake, and everyone was very concerned about you.  You don't remember any of that?"

    "I don't recall any of that.  I remember talking to the physician, and getting a shot of something, but everything after that is quite fuzzy.  What did he give me?"

    "It was just something to calm you.  When he asked about your nightmares, you became very agitated, and he thought it would be best to give you a light sedative to relax you."

    "Well, I hope I didn't say anything to embarrass myself in front of Elisa at the wake."

    "No.  You were very polite and offered condolences.  We didn't stay long because after that you just sat in a corner of the pub and didn't say anything at all."

     "Hmmm.  Will I have to have another of those shots?  I don't think I like it much if it made me forget the evening."

     "No.  I picked up a prescription for you this morning of something that will help you to sleep at night.  Clarence, there is something I do have to take care of this afternoon, however, and I think it would be best if you weren't home.  I'd like to take you to Elisa's house if you don't mind for a few hours.  How does that sound?"

     "What are you going to do that I can't be here to help you with?"

     "I'm going to clean out the basement."

2 comments:

  1. Oh, dear, again. I'm glad the doc is on board, but I do hope this doesn't end badly.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.