Thursday, May 9, 2024

dark side of the moon ...

   "Clarence!  It is well after midnight!  What are you doing outside skulking around in the dark?  You nearly gave me a heart attack when I found the front door opened!"

   "Oh, hello, Albert.  I was just looking at the moon."

   "Are you sleepwalking?  There is no moon tonight.  It is a New Moon.  Not to mention we are completely fogged in.  I could barely see you.  Are you certain you are awake?"

   "Mmmmm.  Perhaps not.  I thought I heard her calling to me and so came out to find her."

   "Her?  Her who?  Clarence, should I call the physician?"

   "Mary.  I thought I heard Mary calling me.  It sounded like her."

   "Clarence.  Mary is gone.  She could not have been calling you.  I think you have been under a great deal of stress lately, and perhaps it is affecting you more than I was aware.  I suggest when the sun has come up that we go to see your physician."

   "But if the sun comes up, then we won't be able to see the moon anymore."

   "We can't see the moon right now as it is.  I think that it would be best if you came back with me to the house.  I'll get you tucked back into bed and sit with you for a while.  Perhaps I could read to you, would you like that?"

  "Yes.  I'd like that.  It won't be a story with spiders in it, will it?  I've been dreaming of spiders.  Large ones.  Some of them have Mary's face on them.  They aren't very nice."

  "No, I won't tell you any stores with spiders in them.  I promise."

  "Pinky swear?"

  "Pinky swear.  Now, let's get out of this cold fog and back into the house.  Come, come."

2 comments:

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.