Sunday, August 22, 2021

travel back in time with me...

My brother recently sent me these.  He is apparently going through the slides of my dad's.  I've never seen any of them before, and they are quite the treasures.

From left:  me, cousin Sharon, cousin Steve, and my younger brother, Ken.
This would have been taken in San Diego, California, prior to 1969.

This one must have been my first pair of glasses.  Or my first home perm by mom.
Either way, I was very unhappy to be in front of the camera.

Ken and I (I'm trying to hide the home perm).


I was apparently a very serious child at times.  This was taken on our balcony at our apartment in Wiesbaden, (West) Germany sometime between 1969 and 1972.  Oddly enough, I think it is my most favorite photo of myself that I've ever seen.

This would have been my joy at finishing my first Volksmarch.  Or eating a German bread roll (Brötchen).  There would have been a Bratwurst in it with brauner Senf (brown mustard), and we would have had pommes frites (French fries) too.  It was the best part of a Volksmarch.


This must have been a new coat.  I don't remember it at all and am not sure if it was store-bought or one made by my mother.  She sewed a lot of my clothes for a while when I had to wear twister-cables on my legs and orthopedic shoes for a year.

1 comment:

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.