Monday, August 16, 2021

Lucy scan

   I learned something new today, something fascinating, and I love to learn fascinating new things.

   Dr. K consulted with a Beckley, WV cancer center about referring me to them, and they suggested getting a PET scan done and more bloodwork locally first.   

   I've never had a PET scan and found some information and [a video that was very informative.]  I never knew the difference between all of them!

   The biopsy is on hold until after the consult with the cancer center.  If after they see the PET scan they still want one done, then I think that will be done locally.

Gracy (L) & Lucy (R)
   I'm still trying to find a potential future home for the cats.  One other thing to check off on my ducks in a row list.  They are mother and daughter and must go as a matched set.

   Not that I'm anticipating a negative outcome, but I'm a Murphy's Law kind of planner.  If I carry my umbrella around with me everywhere, I won't need it.  If I forget it one day, that will be the day it rains.  I've walked in the rain a lot.

   Both girls lately have been competing for lap time with me.  Some weekends, they both curl up on my lap.  Gracie used to just want to sit by my side, but now, even when I'm working (trying to work) she wants to sit on my lap.  Lucy was never a lap hugger before.  I have to believe that they are trying to heal me.  I read once that a cat's purr is at the same frequency as an ultrasound wave to help broken bones heal.

  The beast went away today and was a little heartbreaking for me.  It was a good truck, and it got me through two winters in Wisconsin, and the drive to West Virginia.  I'm grateful for it.  Kinda sad that some of the window decals are gone and will be challenging to replace, but I may just see what my next vehicle's personality is before buying more.

   I apologize for not responding individually to comments lately in a timely fashion.  Some days I'm just at a loss for words, which is odd for me.   The Words on Wednesday storyline I just started last week will continue at least until September, maybe longer.  I'm providing the prompts in September so it will be interesting to see if I can incorporate them into the story.

   If you will continue to keep me in prayers, I will continue to be forever grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.