Sunday, August 29, 2021

stage 4

 The visit with the oncologist was positive, in spite of him telling me that he believes I have Stage 4 colon cancer that has spread to my lymph nodes and liver.  When he called me the afternoon before to find out how soon I could get the colonoscopy done, he told me that he felt I had cancer there also.

  My liver biopsy will be done as soon as possible, hopefully within the next two weeks, and also the PET scan.  He wants me to get started on chemotherapy before the end of September.

  As of right now, his plan of attack is to do chemo for about three months and then when the masses have reduced in size, do surgery to remove both masses at the same time.

  The doctor was honest with me.  It is rare that someone beats it at this stage.  But it has happened.  People have been cured.

   It will happen again.  I have a lot of people praying for me, and I believe in God's healing touch, and the power of prayer.  Even if healing me is not His will, I know I will be going home, and I will get to see Trooper again.  It is a win-win for me no matter what.

6 comments:

  1. Lots of hugs and prayers. You are right, you will be healed no matter what, on this side or on the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to read this, but love your positive attitude. I will continue to hold you in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lacking words ... but prayers on their way.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.