Thursday, April 18, 2024

mid-April bits & bobs

 I'm going to start here, with a picture of the orphaned rhino I'm sponsoring named Raha.
Did anyone else NOT know that rhinos can sit like cats????  How stinking cute is she?!?!?!
I also sponsor an orphaned giraffe and an elephant, but Raha, she's a fighter I love.
Sheldrick Wildlife Trust [<link] is something that I am so passionate about, and have really developed a deep love and appreciation for elephants (and rhinos and giraffes) through watching their videos on Instagram and reading about all they do.  Not only do they help the orphans, but they help the fully wild and injured animals as well.  To be able to go there and see how they help ... it would be an amazing dream come true.
Image Credit:  Sheldrick Wildlife Trust

This sneaky child is Gracie, getting some VitD time last weekend when the winds finally stopped, the sun came out, and the temps were up.

April's Spring Fever tree.  Lacking in the flower ornaments, but I'm working on getting more.

Latest moss garden.  I really love this one and am so happy it is happy.

Finally ~ a red dogwood tree in bloom outside my office window.  I really love them, they are just so beautiful.

What I thought was my dream forever home got an all-cash-no-inspection offer on it today that I can't beat, so I'm heartbroken, but it just means that the Universe has something better in store for me.  I did ask the realtor to send me the previous inspection report that was done on it when it was listed and think that it would have been a nightmare instead of a dream to live there.  A lot of poor and marginal ratings, some of which concerned the foundation and plumbing, and could have been extremely expensive to fix.  Which is why they weren't subsequently fixed and marked as such on the inspection report.

The FullMoonSolarEclipseMercuryInRetrograde is still kicking my behind.  I went to take a look at the outside of another house yesterday after I got off work and backed into a mailbox that hurt my car (and my ego) more than the mailbox.   Really must find matching paint for my car now.

Three more roommates to go, and then the dance party begins.  Bipan will be heading out to start new adventures, and the last two from the Philippines will be heading out to live AnywhereElseButHere.  They seem to be among the most immature of the six that were living here in March, although their lack of maturity might have been conveniently covered by the one "matriarch" with control issues.

Yes, there will have to be a book written.  Or the screenplay for a comedy/drama/horror sitcom.  The Year of Living Dangerously has already been taken as a movie name, and The Accidental Auntie sounds too close to The Accidental Tourist and I wouldn't want anyone to think it was a sequel ... or prequel ... to that movie.  Even tho I could certainly use a vacation after this experience.

Anyone else ready for this month to be over?

💚 Ci

2 comments:

  1. I did know that rhinos are extremely bendable. I am sad about your forever home - but love your attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying a very, very good home just for you comes up soon.

    Yes, the rhino is precious and cute.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.