Thursday, September 16, 2021

the good, the bad, & the ugly

 The good news is that Tuesday's colonoscopy went according to schedule and the surgeon did not find any obvious cancerous masses or apparent malignancies.  He did find ulcerative colitis and took biopsies of those, but eh been there done that uncomfortable but not fatal as far as I know.  I did lose another 10# during the prep that I really didn't need to lose.  💩Harold appears to now be a non-entity in my life (in more ways than one) and I believe that prayers are so powerful and God is amazing.

 The bad news is that Monday's liver biopsy was canceled because the idiot person who called me to review my meds and schedule it did not inform me that I would need to be off the mobic/meloxicam I take for my arthritis for 10 days prior.  This I found out after an hour+ drive, blood draws for labs, and consult with the radiologist who would be doing the procedure.

 The gift horse in that was that after speaking with the radiologist, I didn't have much confidence in his ability to do the procedure and am trying to get it done at the Univ of Virginia (UVA) hospital.  Because of where the mass in my liver (henceforth known as Duh-Wayne) is located, they would not be able to do the biopsy from my right side through my ribs as normal ones are done.  Instead, they would go in through my chest, slightly between my heart and stomach.  A much, much higher risk.

 The ugly part of Monday came with needing to get a Covid test done for Tuesday, and the hospital (RGH) where I was waiting to find out they were idiots for the liver biopsy refused to give it to me because the colonoscopy was going to be done at a different hospital (ARH).  Apparently, RGH does not understand the benefits of cooperating with other hospitals in the area during a pandemic.  To say that I was a little angry at this turn of events would be a serious understatement.  Instead, I had to get to ARH two hours early so that they could do the test there prior to the procedure.

  I'm waiting now to hear back from the oncologist if the liver biopsy can be moved to UVA, and if they will be able to schedule a PET scan in the meantime since the earliest now I would be able to get the biopsy done with be 27 Sept.

6 comments:

  1. I am thrilled that both Harolds are now out of the picture.
    Fingers crossed (tightly) that you will be able to reschedule/relocate the liver biopsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really going to give them much option as I am refusing to go back to RGH.

      I received a notification yesterday from Harold#1's probation stating that he had left Ashland and moved. I was concerned at first, but he is actually still in Wisconsin, just NE of Minne/St. Paul. This past August, he married the woman he was having the affair with, did I tell you she had his baby in March? I feel sorry for his new wife and daughter, and the circus they are now a part of. But it is no longer my monkey or my circus, and for that I am extremely grateful.

      Delete
  2. Gratz on some good news! And what a bugger that people and hospitals do not collaborate. Prayers on their way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying you can get this done at UVA. It sounds like some of these people are making it as tough as possible to get health care, as if it's not already tough enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is incredibly tough to get health care, and proper health care at that.

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.