Sunday, September 26, 2021

Sunday ...

 It has been a busy weekend, and I'm exhausted even tho my do-do-to-do list has not even been touched.  Friday evening I attended a women's meeting with church and made some new friends.  Saturday evening an end-of-summer cookout at church.  This morning, I went to church then scrounged around a moving free-for-all to get some items.  I scored two shepherds hooks like the one I have and a trellis.

I mail-ordered seeds for a flowering Cup and Saucer vine annual (Latin name: Cobaea scandens) to plant in the spring.   If I can find an established clematis perennial at Walmart in the spring, I will plant those too.  I might put my feeders in the front this winter since the cats like watching the birds.  It also keeps the spent seeds from making the back patio slick and smelly.

I picked up this natural wood birdhouse at the free-for-all and found two wren houses on clearance at the hardware store.  I think the back porch will become the area for birdhouses.  I know the breeding season is over for the year, but I'm hoping that by next year, the new birdhouses will be weathered and not smell or look new which may make them more appealing to the wrens.

Adding to my house plant menagerie is this wine/baker's rack which is now in my living room by a window that will get good winter sun, and stay warmer than the kitchen does.
Tomorrow, my friend Nancy is going to claim a wood chair I saw today that would not have fit in her car after getting the rack and hooks in the back seat.  It needs to be refinished/repainted and then will be used for a large peace lily.  Before and after pictures will come.

2 comments:

  1. You have so many lovely plans, and i'm glad. It's also good to make friends at church.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.