Monday, July 19, 2021

monday ...

    After Friday's news threw me for a small loop, the rest of the weekend was somewhat productive.  My sore throat progressed to a full chest cold, but after I'm up and moving around, I feel a little better.  Hospital cooties are the worst.

   Saturday I ran some errands before settling in to do some much-needed cleaning and organizing.  I'm rather pleased to say that my downstairs is now 98% cleaned and organized with a few projects completed.  One of the biggies was doing something with the lid of the old trunk which is now a cat bed in the living room.  As if they needed ANOTHER one.  Lucy approves of it.

   Speaking of the cats not needing yet another bed ... I got them another window seat since Lucy would throw out some serious pout if Gracie beat her to the one I had (the top one in the photo).  Now they both can have their own window seats.  I've noticed that whenever I happen to be working in the office everyone else is here too.  The living room, however, usually has Gracie on my lap, Charlie grumbling that she's too close to him, and Lucy running laps upstairs sounding like a small elephant.

   One of the projects I got done was finally putting Trooper and Oreo's ashes to rest.  I've ordered some lily-of-the-valley roots for fall planting and will put them in the center of the pot.  The Egyptian cartouche in the pot is from a [Once Upon a Book Club subscription box] I tried and it says "Always and Forever."  The book was called ["The Book of Two Ways" by Jodi Picoult] and was really quite fascinating.  I 'dig' archeology (ba-dum-dum).

    Number one on my do-do-to-do list for this morning was to try and get an earlier appointment with my GYN.  It has now been rescheduled from 9 Aug to next Monday afternoon.

     A Halloween ornament I had ordered early last week arrived today.  I now need to get a new ornament tree and have put one in my Amazon shopping cart for when I win the lottery.  My left brain is of the "stop buying things that bring me joy and save your money for ... I don't know what or why" mindset.  But then, the right brain wins by smacking the left side a few times and reminding it that the whole point of any of this is wanting to live quality, not quantity, and if an ornament tree makes me happy every month by decorating it for the seasons, then the left brain needs to shut the front door.  Or some saying a little less polite and politically correct.  I am not dead yet, and while my doctor's tone of voice seemed to make things feel a little dire, there is still a lot of spunk in me that doesn't have spikes or purple color.

    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

6 comments:

  1. Hooray for moving the gyno appointment forward. And for treating yourself and the fur babes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, my priorities are changing dramatically lately

      Delete
  2. Sticking to your story sounds just right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May you continue to win that argument on the side of doing what brings joy.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.