Monday, July 26, 2021

monday morning ...


   The weekend was quiet with some things accomplished and some things not.

 

  Friday I stepped out and discovered that some of my gladiolas are starting to bloom, and the sedum that I rescued from the trash.

    I finished cleaning the downstairs; got the stairs going up and my bedroom vacuumed; folded, and put away the clean clothes.  Trust me, that alone is an accomplishment because sometimes I can have two weeks of clothes in the dryer, or just pull from a stack of three weeks worth of clean that is piled up in a chair.  I think I was anxious cleaning in anticipation of this afternoon's GYN appointment.

 

   I hung flower prints in my bedroom by my meditation slash journaling chair and decided to look for old quilts or woven blankets to hang in the living room.  Finished putting up some family and friend pictures in the dining room.   I still have more to print but decided that I didn't want to go all frames in the small space I had left so put up some twine to clothespin the photos like a banner.

    Saturday night I hung out with the ten-year-old son of a friend and used that as an excuse to rewatch some animated movies I hadn't seen in a while.

    I was up and down all Saturday night with a migraine, I've had headaches for the past week and my blood pressure has been a bit on the almost high side, with my calves, ankles (cankles), and feet swelling at night.  I'll probably reach out to my doctor about getting back on medication for the blood pressure.  I'm not sure if it is caused by the humidity ~ it has been in the 80%s for the last two months and I'm not used to humidity for this long yet.

    This weekend I also came to the decision that I'm not going to let the financial burden of medical bills stress me out and drag me down right now.  If I'm given a diagnosis with a simple fix and a positive outlook for extended years, I will file bankruptcy after the beginning of the year.  If it is a bad diagnosis, without a simple fix, and a short life expectancy ... then I will just not even worry about it.  What are they going to do?  Kill me?  Bwahahahahahaha.

5 comments:

  1. Black hoimour at its best. I do not understand your medical /social security systems., but this post, whaere you talk of filing bankruptcy makes me unspeakably thankful for living in a country where medical aid for everyone is paid from the taxes. I hope you are in for a good diagnosis even with bankrupcy hanging that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bankruptcy can be a good things at times. I had been thinking of it anyway just to get out from under the debts the ex left me with.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your appointment.
    Love the bloomers too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are also yellow gladys, and both are now in bottles in the kitchen after they fell over and broke their stems. Flower surprises are the best.

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.