Saturday, July 10, 2021

little man & fireflies ...

   It was a busy day today that started with Charlie going to a new groomer for a much overdue haircut.  The groomer was several miles away and of course, I took the "scenic" route to get there, but only asking for directions once. 

   I chose to take him there only because they offered Saturday hours and his normal groomer doesn't, but we won't be going back.  She did an okay job on his cut, but the shop itself was unpleasant.  There were several tanks of rats and mice that she kept as "feeders" for snakes, and the odor was overwhelming.

  Tonight he is exhausted and unwilling to leave my side.

  The girls, on the other hand, are pleased with the relocation of the bird feeders, and honestly, I like it too since it gives me a closer view of the birds.  The screen on that window is black, so they can't see us at all.  Sometimes they even sit on the window sill or cling to the screen which makes Gracie a little crazy.

  While I was waiting for Charlie to get done, I did some shopping for bargains at the Goodwill and a place called Ollies.  I found a few used hardback books that are older and perfect for some craft projects I will share in a future post.  I also found a decent price on a small food processor to replace one I left in Wisconsin, and some metal hanging baskets with coconut liners that are perfect for the hanging bird bath/feeders I wanted to make.

  Last night I sat on the back patio for a while watching the fireflies.  Unfortunately, one of the neighbors still had some fireworks, and Charlie wasn't really pleased with the noise.  As I'm typing this, someone else just set off more fireworks.  I think I agree with Australia's policy of not making fireworks available to the general public.  This time, however, Charlie is so exhausted he didn't even lift his head.

  A few weeks ago I posted a prayer request to my Facebook page about my recent health issues.  Since then, there has been an improvement in my health ~ at least from my current perspective ~ that I believe is connected to the thoughts and prayers of friends and family ~ and those of my blogger friends.  The ulcers on my tongue have ceased, and the gastric inconveniences also have stopped.  I am still losing weight, however, this morning my blood sugar number was in the green for the first time since early April.

  I still believe that it was all stress related to ten years of living hell with my ex-husband, and once I realized that it was finally over, my body just collapsed in on itself.  Everything started when I found out I would not have to go back to Wisconsin to testify against him (face-to-face) on the restraining order violation.  It has felt like my body was physically purging all of the stress, negativity, and depression from the last ten years.

  Barring any additional issues with my health insurance, I will still have the CT scans done next Tuesday and a follow-up with my primary care doctor.  But for the first time in a long time, I am feeling better and the future doesn't look so dark from where I am sitting.

6 comments:

  1. Praying all continues to brighten up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very pleased that you are feeling a little better. At last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a nice change, and I believe that my mindset has been a big factor in it.

      Delete
  3. Oh, good to hear. You are one of those lucky people that prayers help for ;)
    Gratz on better health. I hope you get some positive results from rthe scans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm claiming that they will show nothing serious!

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.