Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Wednesday wonders ...

  I should be cleaning and organizing, but today's rainy weather has vanished into the sunshine and upper 60sF temps.   The windows are open, cardinals are singing, and there isn't any breeze.  We are due for rain tomorrow, and it is another workday for me, so perhaps I can clean and organize between phone calls.  Or next winter ...

  Instead, I broke down and bought some potting soil and flower seeds, and filled the square concrete planter recycled from the yard next door with annual and perennial wildflower seeds.  I have no expectations that they will bloom, and if not, will be able to quickly throw in some established plants from a nursery.

  Then I spent the next hour tracking dirt and mud into the house and trying to outsmart the camera on my smartphone so I could use my macro lens attachment. [the camera won]

I'm not sure what these are.  I've never actually seen them this close.  I was tempted to think grape hyacinth, but the yellow center has confused me.
I think this last one may be a full-sized hyacinth.  

2 comments:

  1. Love the crocus. The second does look to be from the grape hyacinth family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to see what they look like on Sunday. There are several coming up.

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.