Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Spring ...

The yellow and purple crocus (croci?) are from a neighboring yard that gets a little more sun than mine.
That being said, I very nearly missed this one bloomer in my side yard.

A gardening catalog arrived in the mail today and I am drooling to look through it in a bit.

I've moved the bird feeders to where I can see them while I work, and with temps in the low 60sF today, I have my hummingbird feeders out already, though I do bring them in if the night temps dip below freezing.
The birdhouses have also been moved to where I can see them from windows while still giving potential tenants privacy.

The four of us (Charlie, Lucy, Gracie & me) enjoyed the sun for a bit this morning.  I had almost found some fences to enclose the yard, but they will not be long enough and so I'm working on a Plan B which will involve planters and lattice.  Having the yard enclosed will make me worry a little less when Lucy disappears around the corner of the house to explore.  I feel there may be enough afternoon sun to do container gardens, and I'm looking forward to homemade salsa in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Spring is an exciting time isn't it? Enjoy yours - to the max.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.