Monday, March 15, 2021

more happy dancing!

   It's funny how making a decision to plant roots can lift the weight of a dead oak tree off your shoulders.  

   Plans are in motion this week to get a washer and dryer.  YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!  By the end of the month, I shall be swimming in clean clothes!  Not literally though.

  I've also gotten approval for some summer DIY projects I want to do, which include painting the [back patio ceiling "haint blue"] and the back door the same blue.  I got the green light to add a screen door to the kitchen so I can enjoy the summer weather.  I want to find something similar to this look.   As much as I want one with a full screen, I have visions of a little fat dog spotting a squirrel and charging through the bottom half of it willy nilly.  But I can also see a brat cat taking a leap to climb up the screen to see the birds better.

  One additional good thing is that the landlord may have chainlink fencing to enclose the yard for me so it won't be at my expense, and so the fat little dog may get some exercise by being able to run the fence line.  I'm afraid there is not much hope of the fat cat doing any running, and I like her buddha belly anyway.  The brat cat will at least be somewhat contained in the yard, and neither of the girls will be allowed out unsupervised.

   I decided to rethink wall decor in the dining area, and am looking at plates of random sizes and colors with mostly geometric designs.   I'm still looking for some yellow ones.  These were all dollar store finds, and I'm going to hit up the thrift stores next week for more.

  I am looking for three options for the living room half, which will be the previously blogged about macrame/woven textile hanging, but also an assortment of flat baskets above the sofa, and a framed fabric yet to be decided upon.

  Some more crocus has started coming up, and I'm so excited.  I really love these striped ones!  I think there will also be some daffodils, and I can't wait to get my bulbs in the ground!

2 comments:

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.