Monday, March 22, 2021

Monday ...

  Sunday was a crazy busy day.

  I started the morning by hauling myself to a church where the handy-dude who delivered and installed my washer and dryer this week is a pastor.  The drive was a bit of a distance, roughly 20 miles, tho 10 as a crow flies.  I hadn't found a church home yet, and to be honest, any pastor who is going to put in an effort to NOT live just on the donations of the congregation gets points in my book.

  But foolish me decided to clean up nice for a real public excursion other than just a quick dash to the grocery store for dog treats and cat food.  I wore a pair of short boots with 2.5-inch heels that I've probably only worn twice before.  Then silly me decided to park as far away from the church as possible (after taking the scenic route to find the church and having to ask directions from a few random cows in a field) because I didn't really know the parking "rules." (similar to the people sitting in the same pews every Sunday and giving the stink eye when you sit in their space.  You know it happens.)  Topping off that foolishness, the church was still meeting in their youth building ~ the white building PAST the church, and down a hill.

  The church was awesome, people friendly, but the feet were not happy by the time I got back to my truck.  Next week I'm wearing tennies.

  Adding to my agony, the flea market in Lewisburg (on the way home, really!) was open and I had to (of course) stop in and snag an end table for the living room.  The original color was a teal that normally I would have loved, but it wouldn't have gone with my room.    I was going to try to cover it with lace and sponge white through the lace to get a fancy-smancy effect, but it did not go as hoped.  A can of glossy royal blue spray paint fixed that, and I may decide to scuff up the edges with sandpaper after a few days.  (and only TWO visits to the hardware store!)

  I also found these two GORGEOUS bottles to sit in my kitchen window that gets a great deal of sunshine right now.  I had some crystal stoppers and was going to buy some cheap wine to dump so I could have the bottles, but I like these so much better.  You can also see where my "Christmas" cactus has actually decided to be an Easter cactus, and my shamrocks are still in bloom.  I want to get a small glass shelf unit to fit in that window so I can have my herbs inside year-round.  But I think that may go on my "wanna-do" list for next year.  There are so many projects on that list already, that I'm feeling rather overwhelmed at times with how to get them all done.  I may just continue to look for ways to do thrifty things, and if I happen upon the right shelves it will be something that gets done sooner rather than later.

   That being said, there were quite a few items I had my eye on at the flea market but my feet hurt too much to stay long and bargain down the price.  I'm sure I will stop back by there on the way home from the church next Sunday.  Specifically, a pair of matching nightstands with drawers would be perfect in my bedroom.  White in color, but I know this place that sells paint ...

  Charlie and I got out last week for a walk on Tuesday when the temps were in the low 70sF.  We went to the park beside the creek just around the corner and watched a few people try their hand at fly-fishing.  The weather was beautiful, a light breeze, and just being able to sit and listen to the water rushing over a small waterfall was so relaxing.  I'm sure we will be back there frequently when the weather stays warm consistently.  That day was the warmest so far this month, with rain all day the next and temps in the 50s with 20s at night.  At least the cold hasn't stopped the flowers from trying to bloom.

  Charlie and I have come to an agreement of sorts.  He is allowed to sit and look out the office window only on days when I'm not working.   He gets to bark at every dog walking by, the postperson, UPS, and FedEx trucks, the neighbor's dog that is also barking, and whatever random sound he hears.  

  In exchange, I get to wear earplugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.