Sunday, March 7, 2021

Sunday

  The dining area is complete with the addition of the new arc floor lamp.  I absolutely love it.  It gives a very hygge feel to the dining room.  Not too bright or in your face, with just enough light for a cozy meal.  If I ate at the table that is.  I may have to start just 'because.'  I'm using flameless candle votives because certain cats like to get on the table to spy on the world from the window (which is why the one curtain is wrinkled from their claws) and I have nightmares about tails catching fire.

  I'm still deciding on wall decor.  I don't think the room needs any more yellow, or blue, or flowers.  But I'm not an abstract or large mirror person.  Tapestries would help with warmth and sound blocking, but be completely busy and distracting.  I'm leaning towards [a macrame or a woven piece,] like those on Pinterest, but haven't decided if I want to master a new craft or purchase a unique one.

  I certainly have the time, but after purchasing materials, redoing it multiple times until I feel it is "perfect," and then giving up and buying one on Etsy after all .... I know myself too well.

  I've also been eyeing some [Marjolein Bastin prints] to hang over the sofa.  I love her art, especially her birds.  In spite of the number of flowers in the fabric I chose to recover the dining chairs and use as the sofa cover, I'm really not a flowery person.  But I wanted bright, happy colors after so many years in darkness.

  The string lights that were on the wall in the dining side of the room were rehung on the opposite wall in the shape of a Christmas tree, which I've now decided I don't like so they will come down in the near future and go outside on the back patio when the weather warms up enough for 3M hangers to stick on the vinyl siding.

  I suppose there is one caveat to the "I'm not really a flowery person."  Not inside that is.  Outside is a totally different me.  I'm all about the flowers (and the pollinators) and have ordered a honeysuckle plant for the fence between me and a vacant lot, and 200 bulbs for full/partial flowers that are summer and fall blooming.  Some spring flowers from previous tenants have started to come up, and I'm excited to see what they will be.  I think I recognize crocus leaves, and possibly daffodils.  I need to find an inexpensive supply of little plastic windmills to mark where they are so that I can move them in the fall if I order spring-blooming bulbs.  There is a lilac tree in my future, I can feel it, and also lily-of-the-valley.  

  I can almost see the dirt under my nails now.

2 comments:

  1. There is no need to rush. The right piece will make itself known in the fullness of time - and your home is already reflecting you and your tastes. Which is a win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true. And I've come to a decision that I'm here to stay. There is no point at this time for me to try to purchase a house, and I'm REALLY tired of moving.

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.