Monday, January 2, 2023

Monday 2 Jan 23

 Sunday was spent mostly at church ... 11a service with a baby dedication followed by four creek baptisms ... followed by lunch at a Mexican restaurant with my friend, Nancy ... followed by choir practice at 5p, then 2nd service at 6p.  A typical Sunday.

I worked today for some extra hours and used the quiet time between calls to finish one of my craft projects previously posted about ... the upcycled ceiling fan light fixture.  I had more of the small crystal beads I could have strung, but to be honest, I think my beading days are over.  At least stringing tiny crystal beads on a clear fishing line.  I have no depth perception, old eyes, and zero patience apparently.  I'm not happy with the solar "torches" where light bulbs used to go but might see how it looks in the dogwood tree before ordering something different.   

What I would like to get are globes that have the solar panel at the bottom, rather than the top like these.  But I'm having trouble finding small ones about three inches in diameter that I can order just four of them for a reasonable price.  If I do have to get a larger amount to get the size I need, I'm sure I will be able to use them in other garden projects, but just don't want to get into the habit of accumulating an excess of craft supplies for future projects [I think in some circles they call that hording].

The blades are earmarked for a future project of painting them with seasonal welcomes, but that is a project for another ... year.

I'm catching up on correspondence from the holidays.  I had planned on making my Christmas cards for 2022, but it looks like I have a jump start on 2023 instead.

2 comments:

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.