Saturday, January 7, 2023

Enkindling ...

 enkindle

(ĕn-kĭn′dl)
V.TR.
  1. To set afire; light.
  2. To incite; arouse.
  3. To make luminous and glowing.

In 2022 a word was given to the church I attend, The Redemption Center. "Evident anointing" and by the end of the year, it was evident we had been anointed.  Salvations.  Baptisms.  Healings.  Miracles.  Changed lives.  It was an incredible year.

This year, the word given was enkindling, and already the year has been amazing with six baptisms within the first six days of the year.

My personal word of the year is "presence."  To feel God's presence in my life, and to be present in my relationship with Him, and in my life.

But I'm also taking on a twist of enkindling.  I want to set fire to my past and who I was before.  I've already burned my jar of regrets, anger, and fears from 2022, but I'm also planning on fully participating in a Celebrate Recovery group that meets at the church.  My "addiction" is to bad choices, and I'm in recovery from domestic violence and abuse, childhood emotional abandonment, and the potential for abusing substances to fill the empty spaces and replace the hurt in my life.  This will be my year of purging my past pain and replacing it with things that bring me joy.  Purging, not just my past pain, but also my home, cleaning, downsizing, organizing, deciding what is unnecessary clutter, what has a purpose, and what doesn't.

What's your word?


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful word, beautiful plan. Celebrate Recovery is excellent, i'd go if we had a group here.

    My word is serve, as i've noticed those who wait to be served are usually a very unhappy and un-joyful lot, while those who serve are the opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. You should start a group if there is a need. It would be a way to serve ...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.