Saturday, December 31, 2022

New Year's Eve ...

Checklist:  

  1. Feed the neglected German Shepard, Gus, across the street some leftover turkey.  Check.
  2. Play a game of frisbee fetch with Gus. Check.
  3. Play a game of tug with Gus and his [gross] green snorting pig toy.  Check.
  4. Wash hands and arms twice in hot water. Check.
  5. Pour my first mug of coffee.  Check.
  6. Appease grumpy [jealous] Charlie with a game of monkey-man fetch and chase.  Chick.
  7. Realize I left the turkey in the laundry room.  Get it and put it back in the refrigerator.  Check.
  8. Be determined to blog daily in the new year and participate in more writing challenges like Words on Wednesdays.
  9. Be determined to finish all my current craft projects before starting or buying new ones:
    • Yarn and vintage jewelry hoop weaving.
    • Polymer clay gnomes for my moss garden terrariums.
    • String crystals for the upcycled brass ceiling fan fixture yard art.
    • Homemade Christmas cards to send out in 2023 since that project didn't get finished in time for 2022.
  10. Be determined to read one [old-fashioned, page-turning] book a month in the new year as part of my break from social media and technology when I get off work in the evenings.
  11. Realize that I can't stand the clock in the living room with the dying battery displaying the wrong time just one more minute and get the ladder from the laundry room to change the battery.  Check.
  12. Realize if I want to get serious about getting anything else done today, I need to get off the couch and move my behind.
2022 has been a year of ups and downs and more busy-ness than I'm used to but in good ways.  2021 was busy with illnesses and doctor appointments.  2022 was church activities and events.  I want 2023 to be just as busy as 2022, but in ways of service in the church, travel to see family and friends utilizing Amtrak trains, becoming more deliberate and organized in my purchases and activities.  I have a new long term goal for semi-retirement:  I'm looking into degree study programs in Germany where I can be an expat for a year and learn something new and fun.  Oddly enough I'm finding it difficult to find a degree program in sitting by the river and watching the boats go by.  

I'll keep looking, tho.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm good at planning, just haven't been as good at doing ... something I want to improve on.

      Delete
  2. I do hope you get to do many of the wonderful things you plan for this year.

    I wish you a blessed and beautiful 2023!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.