Friday, December 16, 2022

'Twas ...

’Twas a few weeks before Christmas, when all through the houses
Not a creature was stirring, not even the mouses;

Tho to be perfectly fair,
they'd never breathed air
full of fabric and fluff
and catnip were stuffed.

The stockings were hung on the plant shelves with care
In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;

The dog and cats had all made a list,
impatiently I waited, and silently wished
that St. Amazon soon would deliver their gifts
forget old St. Nicholas and those childhood myths.

The fur-kids have nestled all snug in MY bed,
While visions of treats danced in their heads;
And me in flannels, and thick winter sox,
Had just settled down with my latest craft box.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the sofa to see what was the matter.
Away to the window, I flew like a flash,
Peeking through the curtains saw a blue light that did flash.

At first, I did think, 'twas the neighbors again,
Fighting and arguing as if they could win.

The street light did shine on the last fallen leaves,
Gave the luster of mid-day as a car slowly weaves.
When, what to my wondering eyes did appear,
But a bright red fire truck, and sounds of great cheer,
With a little old driver, so lively and quick,
For a moment I thought that it might be St. Nick.

Shaking my head, I certainly did ponder
My thoughts briefly wandered.
Could St. Nick have been real?
More than just marketing appeal?

More rapidly than snails soon more vehicles came,
And I waved, and shouted, and called them by name:
"Hi, Jessie! hi, Noah and Marcus, Parrish and Will!"
TRC's worship band, Redemption Alive was singing with hope to instill!

They were followed by floats filled with children galore!
Singing carols, waving, tossing candy, and more. 
Invitations to come to their Christmas play,
Where the story of Jesus' birth in a manger He lay.
From His birth to His death, and the sacrifice made,
The true meaning of Christmas is for our sins He did trade.

The Word came to life, and from Heaven, He came,
because God's love for us never did wane.
He became hated, beaten, and killed on the cross.
He knew what his future held, He knew the cost.
Yet He chose to be the lamb, our precious sacrifice.
No matter our sins, he was willing to pay the price.

His love covers us all, and forgives all our sins,
Just open your hearts and welcome Him in.
Free will we have, but He gives us so much.
Won't you give Him a chance, and welcome His touch?

"Dear Lord Jesus, I need You.  Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins.  I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord.  Thank You for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life."

1 comment:

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.