Friday, April 30, 2021

Spring continues...


... and I am bliss-filled.

  There is an apple tree on the property next door and a small grove of deep purple lilac trees.  Everywhere I drive, I see trees in bloom in all shades of pink, red, white, purple.  It is so beautiful.

  Tulips compete for the sun with the daffodils, however, not this spring in my yard, next year for sure.  Tiny purple violets dot the grass between houses.

  We've had rain recently, which makes me happy.  At least one of the lillies-of-the-valley roots I planted is making an effort, and it looks like the peony roots I planted are also still alive.  Bulbs are showing green here and there, but they won't fully bloom until summer (fingers crossed).

  After having three days to let my mind run wild with ideas, I'm meeting with a business advisor on Sunday to discuss some plans with grant options.  Nothing is guaranteed (as are most things in life) but I'll never know if I don't ask.  I'm not sure I'm ready to be a business owner, but since I left Wisconsin to start my best life yet, I should probably get to it.

  On the health front, things are holding steady at "ish."  I waffle between frustrated and depressed at what I feel is a rebellion by my body just when everything else was getting better.  Like a two-year-old throwing a temper tantrum for not being the center of attention.

  But regardless, life IS good.

4 comments:

  1. I am very glad that life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it lovely that spring is springing up all over!

    It's funny how when the tension breaks in our lives, our bodies respond with illness. Almost as if they'd been waiting for the mental and emotion and spiritual stress to release so the body can take the time to say something is wrong here, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent too many years ignorng my body's signals...

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.