Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Patience is a virtue ...

 ... I do not have when I'm crafting.

  I was super excited for today.  First I was getting my Covid vaccine.  I know, doesn't make sense to be excited for someone to stick you with a thick needle and inject you with a fingers-crossed-it-will-really-work-vaccine.  But I was.

  Then I was getting my WV driver's license FINAL-LEE!  Got my face all dolled up with make-up and everything for that mug shot.

  The shot portion went well.  The driver's license ... not so well.  I did not have my birth certificate and will have to go back another day.  Wasted face.  I'm 90% certain I know where my certificate is, just have to narrow it down.  I had to send it off when I got my new social security card, and when they returned it, it was by certified mail that I had to go sign for at the post office.  I'm pretty sure it is still in that envelope, and in all of the ensuing creative chaos the last few months, I think I just spaced on putting it back with my documents for the driver's license.

    But the day still turned out to have some positives.  While waiting for my appointment at the Department of Motor Vehicles, I popped into the Flea Market again and found an end table that will be my nightstand.  It is was white with a glass insert, and I thought a nice black crackle spray paint would jazz it up to fit with the cast iron bed frame I have.  Crackle paint appears to no longer be in style, and chalk paint is.  I found a "Blue Juniper" color that matched my bedspread and decided to go with that.  

  I also found an AMAZING bird cage and stand at a little shop in Lewisburg that I explored while waiting for the DMV appointment ... and it was 50% off!!!  I LOVE it!  I think I will hang my cardinals in it.

  Windows open, with the smell of fresh cut grass in the air, and the scent of lilac from a new candle I set about my remake of the table.  Of course, my lack of crafting patience and knowledge in chalk paint caused some learning curves, especially with the whole wax thing.  I still don't know what that's all about.  And since I was working with spray paint and an octogon, I kept finding places I had missed.  I also bought a new lampshade and painted it to match.

  I planted some lily-of-the-valley roots by the front door, and plotted out where I will plant the peony roots when they arrive.

  While I was waiting for the table and shade to dry, I walked to another local restaurant, the Route 60 Grill, and was pleased with their burger and mozz sticks.  Charlie liked their fries, but the walk back home made them a little colder than I prefer.

  The face on the table is the base for my Alexa Echo Dot.  It makes me smile, and seemed appropriate for 'her.'

  Tomorrow the search begins for my birth certificate; house chores; grocery shopping; and maybe raking the side yard and clearing old leaves.  I might also put some mulch down over the bulbs I just planted.  It is so wonderful to experience Spring again.

4 comments:

  1. Colour me impressed. You achieved a lot.
    My mother always said:
    Patience is a virtue.
    Possess it if you can.
    Seldom found in women.
    Never found in man.
    Sadly I often join the majority.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too frequently fall into the lack thereof.

      Delete
  2. Praying you find that birth certificate quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. At some point I will need to order a replacement one anyway because the one I have is now 59 years old and very worn.

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.