Sunday, April 25, 2021

What a crazy week

   Last Thursday I had started to blog about the weather since we had two days of snow flurries and a 30-degree drop in overnight temperatures. 

  But before I had a chance to finish it,  I was taking an ambulance ride to the Emergency Room thinking I was having a heart attack. 

  The heart was fine, but the pancreas was not and so after several days of fasting on water and an IV only, today I got to oink out on a real breakfast and lunch.

  Bad move. The pain returned and I am spending another night in the hospital. 

  Charlie is camping at my plumber's house, the cats are fending for themselves, but are getting fed.

  Tomorrow,  regardless of how I feel or what the blood work numbers say, I will be going home. There will be bills to pay [I'm certain a 4-day hospital stay won't be cheap], and I missed more than half a week of work last week.  Plus, I will be starting this week 10 short.  This is when I need those winning lotto numbers,  or for one of those silly sweepstakes, I waste my time entering to pay off.

  On a side note, before I forget again... Blogger in all its wisdom will soon be discontinuing its follow by email service for blogs. So if you are used to seeing me pop up in your email when I put together a string of nonsense or a photo of my fur kids, it will soon stop. I'm waiting to see if they offer an alternative or if this is the beginning of the end and I will have to move to WordPress or another platform. 

 Sigh. 

 Too many changes this year.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry that the pancreas hasn't yet settled. Hopefully this last night will be the charm.
    As far as I know Blogger is leaving it up to us to find alternatives for the follow my email malarky.
    At this stage I am leaning towards This one. Mailchimp is another alternative

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so not fun to have what you had and then to face the bills. Praying you get well quickly and are able to pick up on the work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh indeed. Health issues never come at the rigth time. I hope you find a cure. Blogges is crazy-like, but I found WP even worse.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.