Saturday, April 24, 2021

Trains..


Time slows down in the mountains. 

Rain smells sweeter and the

Air feels lighter at sunset.

I watch trains go by from the window in my hospital room. 

Night comes, and the mountains grow dark.

Still, the trains roll on.


  I've been in the hospital for pancreatitis since Thursday afternoon.  Don't know yet when I will be discharged. 

  I'm as frantic about Charlie as he is about me. I can hear him howling on the security cam videos.  This is my worst nightmare and I feel totally helpless. I have neighbors checking on him, but this will be something that needs more reliability and planning.  

6 comments:

  1. Ouch. This sounds bad. Get well soon. Hugs and wellwishes from Denmark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm hoping to go home tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry to read this. I hope that your rotten disease settles soon and you can go home. Jazz has pancreatitis and I have observed it to be a very unpleasant disorder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is most painful and the "fix" is fasting and flushing the pancreas with fluids. Which i wish could be done at home.

      Delete
  3. My heart aches for both of you, praying for speedy healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I appreciate the prayers so much!

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.