Saturday, May 1, 2021

inconceivable ...


 I am reading Bing's news feed this morning and am just sick to my stomach that [Idaho has passed a bill that allows for the killing of 90% of the state's wolf population.]

  I have kept from sharing any political opinions here, or on any of my previous blogs, because everyone's political beliefs are (I believe) are their own.  Just like religion.

  But this ... this is so wrong.  I get that the state's cattle and sheep ranchers are concerned for their herds and flocks, but the statistics provided in the article do not support such mass slaughter.

  I'm heartbroken.  And will never support any of Idaho's business industries:  tourism, meat, or farm.   I'm calling for a boycott until other non-lethal options are put in place ~ such as relocation of 90% of the packs. 

6 comments:

  1. Hiss and spit. How I wish that monetary profit did not drive so many decisions. But it does, and we all pay the (very high) cost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this case, I'm certain that the "profit" is going into the pockets of the politicians whose lobbyists are paying for their votes for such an outlandish bill. Anyone who thinks we have a true "for the people by the people" government has never seen the donations made by large corporations or organizations to get their wants and desires passed by Congress and the House of Reps.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. One day there will be no more wolves and that generation will be appalled at the narrow minded politicians were allowed to line their pockets at the expense of a species.

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.