Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Not my monkey...


 ... the circus has been left behind.

  Today was the Plea and Sentencing hearing for *him* for violating the restraining order last summer and making threats against me.  I'd like to say that I felt completely vindicated, but it is enough.  It's time to move on ... 

 ... to writing the next novel and driving the karma bus in a literary sense.  It's time for me to heal.

  The issues with my toes turning black were from small blood clots formed by plaque breaking loose in a larger vein or artery.  I'd run out of my cholesterol meds and apparently, that doesn't just help lower your bad cholesterol, it helps to keep pieces of plaque from breaking off and floating around to cause problems.  Lesson learned.

  The "ha ha made ya look" butterfly sensations in my chest are apparently from stress over a long period of time which developed into atrial fibrillation.  More to learn on that in the coming weeks.

  I also made a decision to walk away from the storage unit in Wisconsin and all the memories and treasures still in it.  I'm just not up to the long drive in the foreseeable future, and can't continue to shell out the money for it.  $840 a year would be better spent earning interest in a "next trip to Germany" savings fund.  There will be little things I regret leaving behind.  Already are.  But they are just things.

  Now on to better things ... and crafts ... and writing.

4 comments:

  1. Glad the reason for your medical woes has been established - and I hope they can be sorted.
    Sigh on walking away from the storage unit but as you say, 'just things'.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of it as "Swedish Death Cleaning" and doing my landlord a favor by not leaving any additional clutter for her to clear out if anything ever happens to me.

      Delete
  2. *Just things* can mean loads to us, but I too would choose a journey to somewhere over things. Good luck with all of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. "Things" can break or be lost. Memories are often all we have left.

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.