Sunday, February 7, 2021

Comedy Sunday ...

   If they were to ever [and I mean "ever" in a very broad sense, like "If I ever win the lottery."] it would have to be a comedy.

  Sundays are my weekday weekend trial runs.  I have the day off, work Monday, then am off on Tuesday and Wednesday.  It is the day I do housework, chores, run local errands, and get the trash out so that Tuesday and Wednesday I can really *relax* or take care of medical appointments, etc.

  Today, I got a long-needed hot water tank wrap, tried to pick up prescriptions (the pharmacy was closed), did grocery shopping, and made a pot of chili to eat while watching the Super Bowl (darn good it was).

  I also almost super-glued my fingers to a nightlight, went back to the hardware store several times for items to complete the water heater project (which in all honestly, looks like a 3-year old did it ~ my dad would deny that I sprung from his loins), and vacuumed the entire downstairs and all odd pieces of insulation from the water heater project ... and then realized there was no bag in the vacuum cleaner.

  I'm so glad tomorrow is Monday.

4 comments:

  1. Sadly days like that are very, very familiar. And yes, my supremely skilful father would sneer at my fix-it jobs. Rightfully so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My carpenter father once asked me if I knew how to cope. I knew exactly what he was talking about (the process of cutting wood at an angle ~ for example when putting up crown molding, which is what we had been discussing) but I deadpanned "Not without [prescription] drugs and alcohol." It took him a few minutes to realize I was just joking, but I thought he was going to choke first.

      Delete
  2. Hehe, sounds like my Sunday - I wonder if it was some kind of Murphy's day all over?
    A saying goes that every do it yourself-project calls for three trips to the hardware store. You seem a proof of this. Better luck Tuesday and Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, Tuesday's crafty projects do not require a trip to the hardware store ... but I'll be making a list for a future trip.

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.