Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Tuesday ...

  I've realized why I've been waking up feeling like I'm 1,580 years old instead of 58.  I've been out of my Meloxicam (aka Mobic) for more than a month now, and all my arthritic parts are waking up.  Plus, shoveling snow a few times, and bending over working on Sunday's hot water tank project ... and adding some carpet squares to the bathroom floor to help keep the cold from creeping up through the tile.  I suppose I'm too stubborn to realize that I'm on the cusp of 59 and not 29.

  I used to think I would not change the choices I've made if given the chance to go back in time and have a do-over.  But now ... I think there would be more than a few things I'd do differently.

  But on to more creative topics.


  I redid some of my framed photos this morning, adding the beach sand where appropriate, and changing the background on my Germany river cruises box.  The black velvet seemed to make it all disappear, so I used a street map of Koln instead which makes everything pop.

  A 'scratch-off' world map that I ordered from Amazon arrived today, and I have to admit I'm so disappointed with it, I won't even provide a link for it here.  The background is far too dark and makes many of the countries' flags look as if they only have two colors, such as Germany.  The purple is nothing like the product images on Amazon, and so Alaska seems to just become ... water?

  I wish I still had the world map that I'd gotten in Florida ages ago, complete with map pins and flags.  I will probably order something like it in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. Growing old is definitely not for sissies is it.
    Love your continued creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It most certainly is not. Back to the doctor today to find out more about the heart issues. And *he* failed to show up for his required sentence or make the necessary DNA contribution within the deadline. It appears he has 'gone with the wind.' It has added to my stress, which has not helped with the heart. I need to find a way of coping with that. First tho, to get the pain back under control.

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.