Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Wednesday ...

  Yesterday I got one of the chairs recovered, but this morning I had to go back to the hardware store to find longer screws ... and then back again this afternoon to get a battery screwdriver and a bit to fit the screws. (3rd times the charm!).  It has become a project that I will finish on Sunday after the battery has charged.

  While I was out I stopped by the Greenbrier Christmas Depot and picked up ornaments for February, March, and April.  Pictures soon when I get the rest of my March decor out.  It feels like I came home yesterday and today with more on my dodotodo list than I left with.

  Monday night I will work on covering the sofa.  Probably another trip (or three) to the hardware store next Tuesday.

  Today, however, I was distracted by a heat-wave (woohoo!  63F!) and spent a while cleaning old birdseed off the back patio so that Charlie and I could just enjoy the fresh air.  Windows were opened, and even Gracie got a chance to roll around.    

  While I was running errands today, I stopped into a few shops on Main Street I hadn't been into before.  One of them was a "this & that" store with antiques and whatnots.  I've been looking for bookends to use for my cookbooks and found two large blue Mason canning jars dating from the mid-1950s.  

  Since my dietary choices have recently been reduced to try to keep from becoming a full-blown diabetic, I'm going to fill them with some white rice and white flour that I had already purchased, opened to put in another container, and now can't eat.  Photo soon ~ they have been washed and are drying.

  It was a shop with so much to see, that I'm sure I will go back to find more decor for the house and kitchen.  There were several paintings that I would like to have a 2nd look at, and many books and cookbooks to look through.  I did get a very large one of vegetarian recipes while I was there.

   The other shop I went into was M Shop WV with postcards and other goodies that I wish I had found last fall.  Another shop I'm sure I will visit again.  They had sweatshirts and hoodies which have become my work attire lately.

  Speaking of goodies ... This coming fall I want to bake and send German Christmas cookies from my grandmother's recipes and am going to make flavored sugars to use in the recipes.  I'm drying the rind of a blood orange right now to use, and will soon be drying lemon rind, and ordering vanilla beans.  I picked up some small glass jars to use.  

  I slowed down enough today to enjoy a fresh spinach & baby greens salad with pepitas, parmesan cheese chips, bacon, dried cranberries & sesame sticks with sun-dried tomatoes vinegarette.   

  I can't say I'm going completely vegan/vegetarian at this time, but lately, I've been dealing with side effects from changes in meds and insomnia.  Not a fun time for me.


2 comments:

  1. Look after yourself. And yes, changes in meds can outsuck Dyson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nausea is my chief complaint right now, along with the insomnia. I stopped several meds at once, going from a prescription to an OTC for one. I've gone back to Melantonin instead of a script because the side effects of the script were keeping me awake. Go figure, huh? It seems like my body has suddenly realized its age, or the stress I've been living under for 10 years finally hit a wall. I'm trying to get to a point of wellness with as few meds as possible, and feel that some of the scripts I was taking during the past decade were due to someone who is no longer in my life.

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.