Sunday, January 31, 2021

Sunday

   Lucy discovered the upper cabinets this past week.  She scared a year or two off of my life when I finally noticed her.  

  Keeping her curiosity in mind, I got some LED flameless votive candles for the holders I've placed on the dining table in the living room.  I just had too many visions of her nosing around and catching her tail on fire.

  I also got a string of lights to use in that dark corner.  The option was a floor lamp with an arc fixture, but I haven't yet found one I liked at a price in my budget.  I need to find one for my work desk also.  Table lamps put too much light in my eyes, and the ceiling fan light is not enough.

  Using it to hang my seasonal ornaments on is also a nice change from the tree that I had before.  It puts just enough soft glow into the living room to make it comfortable and not blinding.

  I woke this morning with a sense of deja vu.  We got quite a bit of snow last night.  On the Charlie measure, it was belly height [5 inches] at 8:30a, and then by 11a we had gotten another two inches.  I had to go out and actually buy a snow shovel!  Did not expect to have to do that.  I also picked up more bird and squirrel food.  There have been some old familiar faces at the feeders lately.  Chickadees and a Downy Woodpecker.
This is the view from my bedroom window.
Spring will be beautiful.

6 comments:

  1. Spring will indeed be very beautiful. Til then, stay warm, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still trying to narrow down the type of trees they are!

      Delete
  2. The view from your bedroom window looks deligthful in the snow as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does. Especially in the mornings with the sun coming up between the branches.

      Delete
  3. You are getting snow, and we are getting 70 degrees and amazing sunshine in the U.P! Today we have rain. Our snow on the ground is almost entirely gone, spring peepers are out, and robins are back with a vengeance. (It's WEIRD! Why is this happening so early this year?!?) ~sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was snow in January, and expected. We had snow on April 1st, but temps the last few days have been in the 70s and gorgeous! I'm actually getting a spring! Peepers, robins, daffodils and crocus! Yay!

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.