Saturday, January 16, 2021

blessed beyond measure ...

 ... and ugly crying as a result.

Way back in the year that we wish wasn't, I commented on a blog in the hope of winning a trio of [click here> fresh herb blends from Coon Creek Herbs for my pantry.

I've been following Amy's blog for several years now, with slight obvious envy at times for her writing skills and her glorious gardens.  The chickens were a bonus.  I've also lusted for coveted some of her homegrown & dried herbs since she first started chasing coons from the hen house.  However, I just needed to have a kitchen of my own where such delicacies would be appreciated and not wasted on some shoe-leather tough, overcooked venison.

So long story short, I didn't win the drawing.

However, since it was the Christmas season and angels are apparently quite abundant in Nebraska, I was a "runner-up" winner of what feels like a Mega Lottery prize instead.  [There may have been some voter fraud in counting the tallies for the runner-up prize].

A box arrived today, and after the week I have had with worry about needing to have my toes chopped off [a story for another time], I sat down on the floor and ugly cried when I opened it.

Not only was I gifted the delicious smelling herb trio, but oh so much more.  [and I am including links where possible because I must share the love]

The fabric bag made by [click here> Maddy in June by L.Creations is so soft it feels almost like a comfort blanket in my hands.  It is roomy enough for all kinds of goodies, and also held a hand-crocheted face cloth.  Inside the bag were some [click here> Bakers Candies Chocolate Meltaways which will be were delicious!  There was also an amazing beeswax lip balm and a beeswax lotion bar by [click here> Anchor Meadow Farm that are just so gentle and wonderful feeling!  Those bees sure know what they are doing when they do their magic to make honey!

There was a very yummy bag of all-natural nutty coconut cranberry granola from [click here> Devour Flavors of the Season.  It has lasted longer than the chocolate meltaways, but probably won't last past breakfast in the morning!

Amy's father is also the maker of some [click here> beautiful French rolling pins and I suspect the maker of this exquisite charqu charcut cheese board which will never see the sharp side of a knife because I almost want to frame and hang it on the wall.

I love real wood.  The stories it has to tell in the rings and knots.  Hold your hand on a beautiful cut of wood like this and you can almost hear it whispering to you.

I'm not sure how I managed to be so blessed by Amy and her angels, but I am so very grateful.  I've been to Nebraska a few times, but clearly, I need to spend a little more time exploring the small business and farms there.  Wanna road trip, Charlie?

8 comments:

  1. Oh, you sweet thing. You are such a blessing to me. I'll share this post with the angel who got this started in the first place. Then I'm going to take some time to read your blog! Take care, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again, so very much for the gifts and the warmth that was wrapped in with them.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The world needs more angels in it right now, and I was blessed to meet a few the past two months.

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.