Thursday, January 28, 2021

weekday weekend

   I love having two days off during the workweek as my week "end."  This week was both productive and not so much.  A change in plans for replacing a cracked windshield on my truck ... I now have to get necessary ($$$) repairs done first, and my plans to get an estimate on the work fell thru due to time constraints.

  An appointment about my toes not getting circulation and turning black became two appointments, a possible cause, and another appointment made regarding potential heart problems.

  But I did get a load of laundry done, housework, and some craft projects I've been putting off.

  When I ordered the wolf face, I fully expected it to arrive as a stretched canvas.   I've been trying to find frames or blank stretched canvases that I could mount them to, but was just not able to get the sizes I needed.  I finally found some artboards in the sizes I needed to make this close enough.  It's not perfect, but it works for me on my office wall.
  This silk cherry blossom stem is in a Japanese gin bottle that I colored with Sharpies after I researched what the actual ingredients showing on the bottle were.  I confess to trying the gin (Roku Gin by Suntory), but mostly bought it for the bottle.  Unfortunately ... or fortunately ... I can no longer drink like I did when I was young[er] [and stupid] and so most of the gin was tossed.

  This is a shadow box that I removed the glass from so that I could secure the ship ornament in it.  I wanted to commemorate my first [click here> Rhine River cruise with Uniworld.  Unfortunately, my rather massive scrapbook from the trip is still in Wisconsin, and I don't know when or if I will be able to get it.  What you see here is all that I have.  The small box contains the [click here> smallest book in the world printed on a Gutenberg press.  

  When I lived in Wiesbaden as a child, I had gotten one, and treasured it.  But it was stolen from me at school when I took it in for a "show and tell" shortly after returning to the States, and I was devastated.  Almost 40 years later, I was able to buy another one, and have been keeping it locked up for the past 10+ years.  No longer. 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your wolf face. It looks amazing.
    Good luck with the medical mayhem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love the face as She watches over me. And thank you for the wishes for the medical mayhem ... I wish you the best with yours as well.

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.