Friday, January 22, 2021

two stepping ...

   There have been days this year (!!) when I have felt like I'm just standing still in time.  One step forward, two steps back.  Two steps forward, one step back.  If it was February I could pretend I was doing the Cupid Shuffle.

    A little over a week ago, I had to see a doctor about what I thought was frostbite on my toes.  It looked like it.  Felt like it.  And when I stepped on them I even quacked.  It wasn't, but I'm left with more questions than answers right now.  "Diminished circulation to your feet."  A quick blood sugar test came back within healthy limits, and it would take a chronic diabetic a while to get to that point, let alone someone without diabetes.  Negative COVID19 test.  Non-smoker. A little fluffier than I'd like to be but not as bad as I've been in the last three years.  I don't know.  I have a doctor's appointment next week and will ask for a complete physical to see if something new has popped up.

   My living room shrunk a little with the addition of a most excellent find on Facebook this week.  A bar height dining table and four chairs.  I'm so excited that it was well within my budget!!!  AND ... I still have room to add a disco ball and make it a [click here> dance dance dance room.

  A certain someone in that place I left in November did some two-stepping of his own.  He no-showed for his plea and sentencing hearing today on the charges of knowingly violating the [4-year!] restraining order I have against him.  The offer had been made (and accepted) for him to spend 14-days in jail and be done with it.  But instead, he changed his mind at the last minute and disappeared.  I knew he would do this and even told the DA that last summer when they decided to bring charges.  Oh well.  Not my monkey.  Not my circus.

  But even when I'm just standing in place under my little disco ball and shakin' my booty ... life is still so much better than it was.  Every. Single. Day.

  Go on.  Get your groove on.  Shake it.  You know you wanna.  

4 comments:

  1. Not your circus indeed. And fortunately not your monkey either.
    Good luck with the medical appointments. I have some scary ones of my own to arrange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that yours go well also and will keep you in thoughts and prayers.

      Delete
  2. My only medical need is trying to get the COVID vaccine. I cannot make an appointment within 100 miles of my home. I keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully more options will come as the weeks progress.

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.