Monday, January 25, 2021

old dogs ...

   I find it reassuring, although inaccurate, that you can't teach an old dog new tricks because I learned some new things this weekend.

  But first this:  A drool-worthy quick bread and recipe that I tried and modified last night.  The recipe comes from the Jan-Feb 2021 issue of CountryLiving.com magazine.   [click here for the recipe> Spinach and Feta Quick Bread

  I did modify it by adding sun-dried tomatoes omg super yummy!  There is also a recipe for a [click here> Cheddar Bacon and Chive Quick Bread that I'm going to try next Sunday.  Probably add sun-dried tomatoes to that one also.  Kinda hooked on them.  

  If you haven't yet tried [click here> Campbell's Slow Kettle Style soups, you must.  My go to favs so far have been Tomatoe & Sweet Basil Bisque and the Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Bisque, but today I tried the Baked Potato Soup (delish!!).  Amazon has more of a selection than my local grocery stores have had and so I'm planning on expanding my soup horizons ... and possibly buying another crockpot to replace the one left behind in WI and making some of my own to put up in the freezer.

  I'm not a milk drinker.  Never have been.  But I am a self-professed cheese-aholic.  A friend recommended almond milk, or oat milk as an alternative and I had a small container of vanilla-flavored almond milk coffee creamer for some insanely strong coffee I was trying (Peet's Major Dickason blend).

  The creamer didn't help the coffee because I'm not fond of sweet-flavored coffee, and I eventually figured out the right measure of coffee to make it more tolerable and thereby reducing the amount of hair on my chest.  It has been put in my pantry next to the Espresso coffee for emergency use on those mornings I've had no sleep.

  I'm not sure which of my brain cells was fried on Friday evening that made me think the creamer would be a good substitute for milk in a packaged pasta.  I guess I thought that the sweetness would be boiled out and the other spices and flavoring in the mix.

  It did not.  😖   'Nuff said.

2 comments:

  1. That bread sounds simple, versatile and delicious. what an excellent find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was all of the above, and would be super simple to vary ingredients depending upon your tastes!

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.