Saturday, February 3, 2024

3 February 24

    Happy February!


    Oh.My.Gosh.  This week of training has been mind-boggling. 🙀 New systems.  New processes.  But it has also been very satisfying.  I love my new job!  Love getting to wear my Nancy Drew hat and dig into issues and see results.  It is a lot of stress, but also a lot of reward when I get to tell a provider good news.


 
  The creek behind the house has receded, much to the joy of the Mallard ducks, and many of the residents who remember the 2016 flood.  I'm not sure when it was done, but the city apparently came down the alley and cleared out a lot of the over-and-under-growth.  I hope that in the process it didn't kill any of the non-feathered wildlife that was there, such as the muskrat that I'd seen last summer or the possum.


    Today I was able to finally do an "Artist Date" for myself and went to Wren's Nest for a painting project.  As always it was a lot of fun, and I'm always so grateful to Jane and the others who come out to "play."  
This one will be a gift for my cousins, Fred and Silvia.


    Jane and I talked about some other projects she has planned and coming up, so hopefully I can do those in the coming months.  Including another acrylic painting, watercolor painting, and maybe some dried flower decoupage ornaments. 

    Next month, I will be doing a mixed-media project with Wendy Reagor at Wren's Nest.  I love her art, and am really excited about doing this project!

    I'm continuing to search for a forever home since my time in this one will be coming to an end this summer.  

    Wishing you a relaxing, self-care rest of the weekend ... 💚 Ci

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get more artist dates in as you continue working with the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've signed up for another one in March, so it will be a busy month!

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.