Sunday, February 25, 2024

Sunday catch-up

  It was a busy week work-wise - compounded by the nationwide issues with cellular/internet issues, and a cyber breach that both impacted our systems and made things slow and frustrating.  I was glad to have taken Friday off!

 

  I had an early-morning-what-was-I-thinking dental appointment.  Afterward, I worked on catching up with my Wonder Habit work.  Unfortunately, my Artist Way morning pages have been very neglected, as well as the weekly tasks.  I think that once I am more comfortable with my work during the week, and a bit less stressed about it, I will be able to pick both items back up.

  Following that, Charlie and I headed to Roanoke, VA where I did some shopping at Aldi's before Bipan's flight arrived.  He was returning from a visit to see his family in India.

  A little out of focus because he refused to hold still for the photo, I got him this adorable varsity-style jacket at Aldi's.  I've now put a tweed cap and a pair of glasses on his Amazon wish list!

  While we were waiting for the flight to land, I parked in the Sam's Club lot so I wouldn't have to pay for airport parking.  A car pulled up and parked next to us that had some interesting window shades ...

  Needless to say, Charlie was not a fan of the raccoon with sunglasses on doing a high "party" sign with both paws.  He was ready to rip his little sunglasses off and go to town on the raccoon.  Thankfully, we left a few minutes later when Bipan messaged that he had arrived.

  Saturday the weather turned cold, rainy, and basically a stay-in-bed-and-sleep day, but Bipan needed things at Walmart so off we went.

  Since Charlie behaved on the last two visits, I brought him in with me so that he wouldn't be cold.  He is sitting on his Shih Tzu pillow from the car.

   I found a silicone mold to make him some treats when we have a kitchen again.  I've been picking up items here and there to replace what I will lose after the roommates are done abusing them.  Some things I've gotten at Aldi's or Walmart or have been putting on my wish lists.

  Just before I took this picture of Charlie in the cart, a "Karen" passed me and told me I was stupid for bringing a dog out in this weather.  I was too stunned to respond, which was probably a good thing because my inner octopus might have said something that would probably have escalated into a war of words that I would have regretted.   It just amazed me because people just feel so "entitled" to pass judgment on others in society now.

  I brought Charlie with us because there wasn't anyone left at home, and his separation anxiety kicks in when he is home alone.  I brought him in with me because the weather was bad and the car would have been too cold for him, even if I did just do a quick run-in.   When I got my few things, we went back out to the car to wait for Bipan to finish, and I was running the car and letting it warm up for the ride home.

  While we were sitting there, I heard a thud and felt the car shake.  We were the victim of a bump and run!  I looked around to see if someone had hit us, but only saw a car driving away and with the windows fogged up from the cold and rain, couldn't tell what kind of car it was.  Charlie got knocked off the back seat onto the floor, and I thought maybe what I had heard was him hitting the door.  It wasn't until I got home and was getting my bag out of the back seat that I saw the damage.  Not worth the effort of an insurance claim, and so frustrating!!

    So that was my week, and weekend so far.  Better days are ahead!  Hope your weekend is relaxing and beautiful!    💚   Ci 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Your little dog is sweet, people can be so mean these days-just ignore them as they are not worth any energy. sorry about your car. I really really miss not having an Aldi store nearby, they always had good produce too. Hoping next week is much better for you.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and I apologize for not keeping in touch better. It seems some weeks all I do is work and sleep. I'm ready for some warmer days!

      Delete
  2. We finally have an Aldi, but I haven't been. The built it in one of the worst traffic locations to get in and out of, and I'm waiting for a day when I happen to be there and the traffic isn't so horrible.

    They would not allow us to bring an animal in with us to Wal-Mart, so that wouldn't be an issue here. I'm very sorry the lady was rude and also the person who did the bump and run. There's no sense of responsibility for their behavior any longer.

    I'm praying things go well for you this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think he is "allowed" in the Wal-Mart here either, however, after I saw several people with dogs that did not appear to be service dogs, I figured I'd try it. The worst that could happen would be that he was asked to leave, in which case, he would just wait in the car like usual. Most of the time, I think dogs are better behaved than some people. Thank you for the prayers.

      Delete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.